Wednesday, March 5, 2008

4/28/04 - "Welcome to the O.C., bitch."

Yep, it's Wednesday, and you all know what that means...
So, I do not like this pregnancy business. Not one bit. And WHAT was with the "scenes from next week" implying that Ryan was leaving? ARGH I hate it when stuff like this happens. Two seventeen year olds are not moving from Newport Beach to Atlanta to raise their illegitimate child. That is not good television at all. I have grown to put a lot of trust in the writers for this show, and if this happens... well I don't know what I'll do, but I won't be happy. It was already going too far to have Marissa's mom sleep with the boy Marissa lost her virginity to, but at least in hindsight that's kind of funny. Theresa getting an abortion, or having a miscarriage, or giving up the baby for adoption, or raising it alone, or *oh please no* trapping Ryan into marrying her and raising it together, none of those options are funny AT ALL. Ever. They just complicate things to an unnecessary and annoying extent.

But Jimmy punching Caleb in the face? That was pure gold.

AND THE FREAKING POOL FIGHT BETWEEN HALEY AND JULIE!? That was phenomenal. I haven't seen a cat-fight-into-the-pool since Melrose Place. It's been too long.

I am going to be really sad after next Wednesday. Especially because I have heard NOTHING about any sort of dvd release of the first season, or the summer episodes even. Does anyone know something I don't about this? I hope so, because the hope for a dvd was all that was getting me through these much-advertised last four episodes of the season. If it ends, and I'm abandoned with nothing... well I don't know what will fill the hole that will be left inside of me. Hopefully junk food and sex can help, because those are basically the only tools at my disposal for filling any sort of personal voids. (That's a joke. Right?)

No comments: